Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Take it from the Spartan and the god of rock








I'm blogging because I have this feeling that this will be another long day for me :(

Anyhoo, just like when i was in college, I would write an entry by the time I wake up then write another entry before I sleep - blogging gives me a semi-peace of mind - i find comfort in writing - mmm, maybe i should write poems again...drifting...drifting

I stumbled over Mabelle's blog today and read her entry where she quoted Kurt Cobain (may i just say that girls who love old school rock, rocks!!!): It is better to burn out than to fade away. Then, I had a little reflection - have I reached that stage already? Lately, I've been swamped with work. Things have been and are becoming more challenging. Sometimes, I just find myself staring into blank space - completely clueless on what I'm gonna do next - most of the time helpless.

Last week, I was privilegded enough to watch 300 and there was a line in the movie that caught my attention. I can't remember the exact line, but this was the line that one of the Spartan warriors (see? i was paying attention to the movie, not just the abs :P) said while observing the fleet of Persians settling on the shore. One of their comrades, non-Spartan was overwhelmed with the number of Persians and was freaked out, this is when he mentioned this line - i think the gist of the line is this: i fought all my life and i have survived, but someone out there was born to kill me - and then he laughed...really hard.

My interpretation of the line is this: he was not intimated by the number of persian soldiers (when you're only 300 and there were like gazillions of people dying to cut your throat, you'll be pretty intimidated right?). He took the war as an oppurtunity to meet his match - the war for him, more than anything else, was a challenge. He did fade away, but he burned out before fading. He fought, he did not run away and vanish just like that. Talk about courage.

Ok, so where am i leading you? nothing really...this is more of uplifting my spirit...Cliche as it may seem, but honestly, no one can help you but you...and just like Kurt and his baby - scream - it helps a whole damn lot!!!

No comments: