Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Talipanan Trip - Volume 1

Went to Talipanan over the weekend. I went there without my parent's consent. Bad...bad...

I had a blast though. Daene and I decided to pursue the "plan" only 4 days before the actual trip - so technically, it can still be considered as a "shotgun weekend getaway".

We left Manila at around 8:00 am. The ride was long and full. There was a considerable number of people who wanted to get out of the toxic-infested city and just relax. I made them unconciously entertain me; The guy seated next to me, smelled like a bottle of uber strong perfume. I have a very sensitive nasal system so i can't help but give a couple of squints and coughs from time to time. This guy is currently working in Manila and only goes home to his family during weekends. To make an "impression" of the city life, he had to spray an entire bottle of cologne - com'on this the Scent-of-the-City.

The guy seated next to him was a relatively old foreigner, who we eventually called, the 60-year-old-backpacker-dude. He had a huge backpack and a Lonely Planet book. After studying him, Daene and I came up with a story - this guy just recently retired and he didn't know what to do with his retirement pay so he decided to take a trip around the world - Galera being his first destination.

The couple seated in front of us works in a CSC - end of story

By the time we reached Batangas Pier, I was ecstatic! This is going to be my first time. Daene and I bought our boat tickets and off we went to the "departure area". The area was jam-packed! There were foreigners, college students, families, Koreans on a paid-vacation (they study and they chill, how cool can that be?) and gazillions of, yes - Daene would know what i mean...I'm a meanie....I'm sorry...again, this blog will have confessions...:)

to be continued...

No comments: