Thursday, December 4, 2008

i will be fabulous

for some weird reason, i can't blog in the office - anyhoo, im blogging now - at home

I'm not a good writer. I just write for the sake of writing - for the sake of putting my mind out there.

Anyhoo, I think the world is more than aware that we are currently economically challenged. When the emails started to flood my inbox, carrying not so nice news, i decided to panic. I decided becuase only a decision can make me think (i hope i made sense). The reality is scary and its right in the middle of everything. It's a huge elephant and we need to talk about it. I am thankful that I still have a job. I am thankful that my company cares about me and did not lay me off. A lot of people have lost their jobs. People who have kids, siblings to support, mouths to feed - people who are at this point in time worrying how to pay next month's rent.

I can go on and on about all the other scary stuffs that this recession will bring. I am not an economist, but I don't think situations like this need graphs and numbers to paint what is really happening.

So, how am I gonna ride the wave? I plan to go by my motto: accessorize with what you have. My decisions have been pretty much influenced by this belief and I think things are working out just fine so I need to re-apply.

I have been given several opportunities - to shine. I see them as challenges rather than additional work. I will use these opportunities - I will make them my accessories and make myself fabulous - its a decision.


Someday, my kids or grandchildren will ask me what I did during the 2008-2009 recession and I will proudly tell them; i was fabulous!

No comments: